In this article, we will discuss how to back up Azure Storage accounts. Along with that, we will also discuss a few other topics.
Table of Contents
How to backup Azure storage account (Azure Portal)
It’s quite important to back up your Azure storage account using the below quick instructions.
- Login to Azure Portal.
- Search for the Backup center and click on the search result Backup center.
3. Click on the + Backup or the Configure Backup button to configure a new backup for your Azure Storage Account.
4. On the Start: Configure Backup window, Select the Datasource type as “Azure Files (Azure Storage)”.
To select a vault, Click on the Select vault link. Select the Recovery Services vault from the list and then click on the Select button. Create a Recovery Services vault if you have not yet created one.
Then, click on the Continue button to move to the next window.
5. On the Configure Backup window, provide the below details
- Storage Account: Click on the Select link to select the Storage Account for the one you want to create the backup.
- File Shares: You can select the File share by clicking on the Add button.
- Backup policy: You can create a new backup policy and select it here or you can also use the default policy as it is or you can click on the Edit this policy link to edit the policy as per your requirement.
Finally, click on the Enable backup button to enable the backup for your Azure Storage account.
How to create a new backup policy in Azure
Follow the below steps to create a new backup policy in Azure as per your requirement. That can be used to back up your Azure Storage Account.
- Follow step-1 and step-2 from the above section.
- Click on the + Policy (Create Policy) button to create a new Azure backup policy.
3. On the Start: Create Policy window, Choose the Datasource type as “Azure Files (Azure Storage)” or you can choose the option based on your need. Since I am going to use this policy to backup my Azure Storage account so I am choosing “Azure Files (Azure Storage)” option here.
Click on the Select vault link to select the Recovery Services vault that you are going to use here.
Click on the Continue button for further steps.
On the Create policy page Provide the below details
- Policy name: Provide a name for your Azure backup policy.
- Backup schedule: Choose the Frequency as Daily or Hourly. Specify the Time and your Timezone.
- Retention Range: Configure the Retention of daily backup point, Retention of weekly backup point, Retention of monthly backup point or retention of yearly backup point at what time and for how many days, etc based on your requirement.
Finally, click on the Create button to create a new backup policy in Azure using Azure Portal.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to Upload and Download File From Azure Blob Storage Using C# and PowerShell
- How to Create Azure Free Account (Step by Step tutorial)
- How to recover deleted Resource Group Azure
- How to create Azure dashboards (Step-by-step guide)
- You are not eligible for an Azure subscription
- What is Azure Storage Account Key
Well, in this article, we discussed how to back up an Azure Storage account. Along, with that, we have also discussed how to create a backup policy in Azure. Hope it helps. Thanks for reading this article !!!