In this Azure tutorial, we will discuss how to connect Power BI to Azure SQL database.
Table of Contents
How to connect Power BI to Azure SQL database
Well, before discussing the actual topic, let’s discuss the prerequisites needed to connect Azure SQL database with Power BI.
Below are the Prerequisites needed here.
Assuming you are ready with all the Prerequisites needed here, let’s discuss the actual functionality.
Follow the below steps
- Open the Power BI Desktop app and sign in with your organization or school account.
- Click on the Get data link from the left side.
3. Search for Azure SQL Database, select the search result Azure SQL database –> Click on the Connect button.
4. Specify the name of the server, Select the Data Connectivity mode and then click on the Ok button.
5. Click on Sign in as different user button and provide the credentials and then click on the Connect button.
You may come across the below errors while connecting from Power BI Desktop application to Azure SQL database and you will find the fixes for the same by clicking on the individual links.
- An error happened while reading data from the provider: While connecting to Azure SQL Database from Power BI
- Requested tenant identifier ‘00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000’ is not valid.
- Cannot Open Server Requested By The Login Azure SQL
Connect Power BI to Azure SQL database – Video Tutorial
In this article, we discussed how to connect Power BI to Azure SQL database. Thanks for reading this article !!!