In order to start with Azure DevOps, as a first step you need to create a new project. In this Azure DevOps article, we will discuss the quick steps to create a new project in Azure DevOps.
Table of Contents
How to create a new project in Azure DevOps
Follow the below steps to create a new project to start with Azure DevOps from the Azure Portal itself.
- Login to Azure Portal.
- Search for Azure DevOps and click on the search result Azure DevOps organizations.
3. Click on the New project link to start creating a new project in Azure DevOps.
4. On the Create a project to get started window, provide the below details
- Project name: Provide a meaningful name for your Azure DevOps project.
- Description: Enter a description for your project. This is optional.
- Visibility: Choose the Visibility option as private or public based on your requirement. If you will choose Public, anyone on the Internet can view the project. there are a few features like TFVC that are not supported here. If you will choose private, then only the people you give access to will be able to view the project.
Click on the + Create project button.
If you wish to use the Advanced option, you can expand the Advanced option.
- Version control: Select the version control as Git or Team Foundation Version control based on your usage.
- Work item process: Select the Work item process from the available options. The options available are Basic, Agile, CMMI, and Scrum.
Then Finally, click on the Create button to create the project in Azure DevOps.
Now, your project got created successfully.
Now, you can use the below options to proceed further
Invite: You can click on the Invite button that is present at the top right corner of your Project window. Provide the user email id or use semicolons to separate multiple email ids in case of multiple users. Select the Project name and click on the Add button to add the new members to the project team.
You can see this option on the left navigation. Use this option to create a customized dashboard.
Use this option to add your work items.
Click on this to import or clone a repository.
Define your Azure Pipelines.
Click here to create your test plans.
How to change project name in Azure DevOps
After creating the project, if you wish to rename your Azure DevOps project then you just need to follow the below quick instructions.
- Click on the Project settings link from the left navigation.
2. Enter the new name for your Azure DevOps project and then click on the Save button to apply the changes.
You may also like following the below articles
- What is Azure DevOps?
- Azure DevOps vs Jenkins
- How to Create Azure Free Account (Step by Step tutorial)
- How to create Azure Virtual Desktop Host Pool
Well, in this article, we have discussed the quick steps to create a project in Azure DevOps. Now, it’s your turn to create your own Azure DevOps project using the information mentioned in this article. Thanks for reading this article !!!