We can detach the data disk from the Azure virtual machine by following the below steps.
1. log in to https://portal.azure.com/
2. Search for Virtual machines there.
You will see the list of VMs created in your Azure subscription. It will show the VM name, Type, Status, ResourceGroup, Location, etc.
3. Now click on the virtual machine for which you want to detach the data disk and click on the Disks link from the left menu.
4. Click on “Edit” from your Virtual machine disks screen
5. click on the below detach button, which is highlighted. It will detach the disk from the virtual machine. You cannot do any files or shares after that.
You may also like following the articles below
In this Azure article, I discussed how to delete a data disk from Azure VM.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS, with good experience in Azure Functions, Storage, Virtual Machine, Logic Apps, PowerShell Commands, CLI Commands, Machine Learning, AI, Azure Cognitive Services, DevOps, etc. Not only that, I do have good real-time experience in designing and developing cloud-native data integrations on Azure or AWS, etc. I hope you will learn from these practical Azure tutorials. Read more.