Once you delete a user in Azure Active Directory, what if you want to see the deleted users and you have changed your mind and want to restore the deleted users in the Azure Active Directory? In this article, we will discuss how to find deleted users in Azure Active Directory and how we can restore them back.
Table of Contents
How to find deleted users in Azure Active Directory
Basically, there are two approaches to find the deleted users in Azure Active Directory.
- Approach-1: Using the Deleted Users (preview) option.
- Approach-2: Using the Audit logs option
Approach-1: Using the Deleted Users (preview) option
Well, let’s first find out the deleted users in the Azure Active Directory using the below instructions.
- Log in to the Azure Portal.
- Search for Azure Active Directory and then click on the search result Azure Active Directory under services.
3. On the Users page, click on the Deleted users (preview) link from the left navigation. You can able to see the lists of deleted users on the right side.
Note: Once you will delete a user in Azure Active Directory, the user will still be present here for 30 days. You have 30 days of time if you want to restore that user. After 30 days the user will get deleted permanently.
Approach-2: Using the Audit logs option
There is also another approach to find the deleted user in Azure Active Directory. Follow the below instruction.
- Follow step 1 and step 2 from the first approach.
- On the Users page, click on the Audit logs link from the left side.
- Choose the Category as UserManagement and Activity as Delete user. Now you can able to see the entries for the deleted user. Click on the individual entries to know more details on the deleted user.
How to restore deleted users in Azure Active Directory
Once you found the deleted users in your Azure Active Directory, you can restore the deleted users using the below steps.
- On the Users | Deleted users (preview) page, select the users that you wish to restore and then click on the Restore users button.
2. Click on the Ok button on the Restore user(s) pop-up to confirm the restoration process.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to create and add members to Azure Active Directory Group
- How to create a user in azure active directory
- Azure Active Directory Module for Windows Powershell
- What is Azure Active Directory B2B collaboration (Azure AD B2B)
- How to Create Azure Free Account (Step by Step tutorial)
Well, in this article, we discussed multiple approaches to get deleted users in Azure Active Directory. Thanks for reading this article. Hope it will help.