Azure Virtual Desktop or AVD is an excellent Desktop as a service. In this Azure article, we will discuss how to get started with Azure Virtual Desktop.
Table of Contents
How to start with Azure Virtual Desktop
You might be interested to learn about Azure Virtual Desktop but slightly confused about where to start with. Before that as a prerequasite, make sure you have a valid Azure subscription or account. If not, then you can create a Azure free account now.
Assuming you are ready with the prerequasite needed, Follow the below steps to get started with Azure Virtual Desktop in Azure Portal.
- Log in to Azure Portal.
- Search for Azure Virtual Desktop and click on the search result Azure Virtual Desktop.
3. On the Azure Virtual Desktop window, click on the Getting Started link from the left navigation.
4. Now, click on the Start button.
5. On the Getting Started wizard, provide the below details
- Subscription: Choose a valid subscription that you wish to use here.
- Identity provider: You can either choose the Existing active directory or No identity provider. As per my requirement, I am selecting here No identity provider option.
- Identity service type: Select the Azure AD Domain Services option as the Identity service type.
- Resource Group: Provide a name.
- Location: Select the location or region.
- Azure admin user name: Provide the Azure admin username.
- Password: Enter the password.
- Domain admin user name: Enter the Domain admin user name.
- Password: Enter your password.
Click on the Next: Virtual Machines > button to navigate to the Virtual Machines tab.
On the Virtual Machines tab, provide the below details
- Users per virtual machine: Select Multiple users option.
- Image: Select Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session.
- Virtual machine size: You can click on the Change size link and select the size of the Virtual Machine based on your requirement.
- Name Prefix: Enter an unique name prefix.
- Number of virtual machines: Enter the number of virtual machines as per your requirement.
- Link Azure template: If you will select this option then you need to provide the ARM template file URL.
Then click on the Next: Assignments > button to navigate to the Assignments tab.
On the Assignments tab, enter the below details
- Create test user account: Select this option to create a test account.
- Test user name: Enter the user name for your test account.
- Test Password: Provide the password for your test user account.
- Confirm Password: Confirm the same password that you have entered.
Now, click on the Next: Review + create > button.
Now, the system will validate if all the details are correct, once the validation will pass, it will show you Validation passed message and you will see the Create button. Finally click on the create button and you are done.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to create Azure Virtual Desktop Scaling Plan
- How to create Azure Virtual Desktop Host Pool
- How to Create Azure VM (Virtual Machine)
- How to enable Azure virtual machine encryption
- Azure virtual machine DNS (FQDN)
- Azure virtual machine auto shutdown
- Windows 365 vs Azure Virtual Desktop
In this Azure article, we discussed how to get started with Azure Virtual Desktop. Now it’s your turn to start with using the above information. Thanks for reading this article !!!