Do you want to create an Azure account without a credit card? This is going to be a step-by-step tutorial that explains the steps to create an Azure free account.
By using the Azure free trial, users will be able to access various Azure services for free for 12 months. You will also get a $200 credit in your Azure account, which you can use within the first 30 days.
Table of Contents
How to create Azure free account
To create a free Azure account, you need a Phone number, a credit card, and a GitHub or Microsoft account. Follow the below steps to create an Azure free account:
1. Click on this URL, and here, click on the Start Free button.
2. On the next screen, enter your email (Microsoft account), Phone, or Skype.
Also, you can sign in with your GitHub account.
Note: The best way is you can create a free Hotmail or Outlook.com email id (Free) and then you can use the same email id and password to sign up Azure free.
Even if you remember the Skype ID and Password that is also fine.
Then, you can enter the email ID and password.
3. Then it will ask you to enter personal details like Country/Region, First name, last name, Email Address, Phone, City, etc. Fill in all the details and click Next.
4. This screen is very important to create your Azure free account. Here, choose the country code (Ex. ), then the phone number. Make sure to provide a valid phone number because you need to confirm by a text message or by a call. Once you provide the details, click on “Text me” or the “Call me” button to verify with a code or over the call.
Once verification is done, click on Next,
5. Now, you need to provide the credit card details. Provide everything correctly here because it will deduct a small amount of money from your account.
Note: If you do not have a credit card, check the below section.
Note: It may deduct a very small amount from your account.
6. Then check the Agreement checkbox like below:
It will take some time to set up your Azure free account like the below:
After some time, you can see Our Azure portal is ready, and you can access the Azure portal.
Also, you will receive an email to the email ID you provided while setting up the free Azure account.
Then, you can go to Portal.Azure.com, and you can access the Azure portal.
This way, we can sign up for a free Azure subscription and access Microsoft Azure for 12 months.
Now, what will you do if you do not have a credit card? How to create an azure free account without a credit card? Check below:
Create Azure free account without credit card
To create an Azure free account without a credit card, you require a student account because Microsoft provides free Azure access for students without a credit card.
By signing up with your university or school email, you will get USD 100 Azure credit to start Azure.
So, to answer the question, Yes, you can still access an Azure free account without using a credit card. But for that, you required a school account, and while signing up, you required your school email ID.
Once you have the school account ready, you can navigate to the URL below to access the benefits of Microsoft Azure for students.
This will be one subscription per person (student).
In the case of a student account, you will receive $100 credit. Also, you can get access free to various products like:
- Free Visual Studio code
- SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition free
- Machine Learning free workspace
- SQL Database (250 GB)
- Linux virtual machine (750 hours)
- 750 hours Windows Virtual Machines
- 10 web, mobile or API apps
- 5 GB blob storage
- 5 GB file storage
- Free Machine Learning Server developer tools
- Lots of AI + Machine Learning features.
This is how to sign up for a free Azure account without a credit card by using Microsoft Azure for student benefits.
What you will get with an Azure free account
Now, let us understand what you will get after you sign up for a free Microsoft Azure account. Below are the things you will get each month for 12 months:
- Free product and services for 12 months
- $200 Azure credit for the first 30 days
- 25+ services are always free
- Get secured disk storage for Azure virtual machine (VM) (Get 64 GB x 2 and 2 P6 SDDx)
- 5 GB blob storage to store unstructured data
- 5 GB file storage
- You can create up to 250 GB of SQL database
- 15 GB data transfer bandwidth
- You will get 50,000 transactions (S0 tier) of AI + machine learning
- You will get 2,000,000 (S0 tier) characters of text translation
- 20,000 transactions of Anomaly Detector
- 500 pages Form Recognizer
- 10,000 transactions Content Moderator
- 10,000 predictions Custom Vision
- 30,000 face transactions
- 2,000 transactions of Ink recognizer
- You can create a Linux virtual machine and use it for 750 hours
- 3 days QnA maker
- You can create a Windows Virtual Machine and use it for 750 hours
Apart from this, you can get the below services, which are always free.
- 5 GB (400 requests units) of Azure Cosmos DB
- 10 web, mobile, or API apps
- 1,000,000 requests per month in Functions
- 100,000 operations per month event grid
- Free DevTest Labs
- Free Load Balancer
- 10,000 documents Search
- 500 minutes automation of job runtime
- Free batch job
- Free SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition
- Free Visual Studio Code
- Free Machine Learning Server, etc
You can also check a video tutorial for the same that I have recorded.
I hope you will be able to create an Azure free account by following the above steps I have explained. Even I have explained how to create an Azure free account without credit card.
If you have a student email ID, you can easily create an Azure account without a credit card and start getting USD 100 Azure credit every month.
You may also like the following:
I am Bijay, a Microsoft MVP (10 times) having more than 17 years of experience in the software industry. During my IT career, I got a chance to share my expertise in SharePoint and Microsoft Azure, like Azure VM, Azure Active Directory, Azure PowerShell, etc. I hope you will learn from these Azure tutorials. Read more