In this azure tutorial, we will discuss how to fix the error, Because of protocol error (code 0x112d) the remote session will be disconnected which comes while trying to connect the Azure virtual machine using RDP.
Table of Contents
Because of protocol error (code 0x112d) the remote session will be disconnected
I got the above error while trying to connect to my Azure virtual machine using RDP option.
- Troubleshooting specific RDP error messages in Azure
- How to access Azure VM (Virtual Machine)
- How to Create a Recovery Services vault in Azure
- Azure Domain name service
The complete error message is
Because of protocol error (code 0x112d) the remote session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.
Why this error?
I am having two Azure virtual machine(VM) under same resource group. Both the VM status is “Running”
Both the VM are using the same port “3389” so here is the problem. Both are fighting for the same port “3389”.
Second VM also using the same port
How to fix this?
Now to fix this error what I have done is I stopped one of the Azure virtual machine which i am not using currently.
Now to stop the virtual machine go to the Overview tab and click on the Stop button and then click on Yes to confirm.
Now if you will see the status of the VM is stopped(Deallocated).
You can assign a different port to the other VM or if you are not using the other virtual machine then you can delete it.
Basically don’t assign the same port to both the virtual machine or two different app.
Now when i tried connecting the other Azure virtual machine i can able to connect without any issue.
You may like following Azure tutorials:
- Azure AD group membership PowerShell
- How to create and add members to Azure Active Directory Group
- The term ‘get-azureadgroup’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name ‘AzureAD’
- The ‘New-AzResourceGroup’ command was found in the
In this Azure tutorial, we discussed how to fix the error, how to fix Because of error (code 0x112d) the remote session will be disconnected. The same solution will also fix the below errors
- Protocol error code 0x112d
- 0x112d remote desktop error
- Remote desktop protocol error 0x112d
- Protocol error 0x112d remote desktop
- Because of protocol error this session will be disconnected
- rdp 0x112d
- rdp protocol error
- 0x112d protocol error
- Because of protocol error (code 0x112d) the remote session will be disconnected
- Because of a protocol error (code 0x112d)
I hope it helped you to fix your issue.