This Azure SQL DB tutorial explains how to replicate Azure SQL Database locally.
How to replicate Azure SQL Database to Local
Follow the below steps to replicate the Azure SQL database locally.
- Connect to the Azure SQL DB.
- Now, you must Right-click on the Database –> then select the Tasks option –> Click on the Export Data-tier Application option.
3. Now, click on the Next button and then choose the option to save to local disk on the Export settings tab. That will store a .bacpac file there.
4. You need to verify the details on the summary page. If everything is correct, click on the Previous button if you want to modify the options, or click the Finish button.
5. Now, as the next step, Connect to the Local SQL Server Instance.
6. Right-click on the Database –> Click on the Import Data-tier Application option. Click on the Next button on the Import Settings tab, and select the .bacpac file from the local path you have saved before.
7. Click on the Import from local disk and select the .bacpac file you saved above. Click on the Next button, and finally, click on the Finish button.
8. You can see the same Database has been created successfully without any issues.
You may also like following the articles below
In this Azure article, we discussed How to replicate Azure SQL Database to Local. Thanks for reading this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS, with good experience in Azure Functions, Storage, Virtual Machine, Logic Apps, PowerShell Commands, CLI Commands, Machine Learning, AI, Azure Cognitive Services, DevOps, etc. Not only that, I do have good real-time experience in designing and developing cloud-native data integrations on Azure or AWS, etc. I hope you will learn from these practical Azure tutorials. Read more.