In this Azure tutorial, we will discuss Microsoft Azure Interview questions and answers. Provide your Interview preparation in a different direction with these frequently-asked Microsoft Azure interview questions that we got for you with detailed answers. Apart from this, we will also discuss a few other topics
Table of Contents
- Top 100 Azure Interview Questions and Answers
- Basic Azure interview questions and answers
- General Azure Interview questions and answers
- Interview questions for the Azure administrator
- Azure Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced Scenario based
- SQL Azure Interview questions and answers
- Scenario-based Azure interview questions
- Azure Active Directory Interview Questions
- Azure DevOps Interview Questions
Top 100 Azure Interview Questions and Answers
Well, were you Preparing for the Azure interview? let’s discuss here the list of frequently asked Windows Azure Interview Questions with answers, the latest Azure Interview questions with detailed answers that will definitely help you with success. We hope that Below are the most frequently asked interview questions and answers for Microsoft Azure for freshers and experienced Azure professionals. These are the Best Azure Interview Questions and Answers and the top Windows Azure interview questions and answers from our real-time Azure Experts. We used to update the New Windows Azure Interview questions with Answers Frequently.
So, let’s start with the common Azure interview questions to the most frequently asked 100 Azure questions with their detailed answers that will help you crack your interview.
Basic Azure interview questions and answers
It doesn’t matter if you are experienced or fresher. The Interviewer will ask you some basic Azure interview questions.
1- What is Cloud Computing?
Answer: Cloud computing is a concept that means storing and accessing data on the internet. In the case of cloud computing, you are accessing the data from a remote server.
It’s like you are using a vendor’s server to store or access your data, and you are paying for the time you are using the server.
2- What are the differences between a public cloud and a private cloud?
|A private cloud belongs to a specific organization, and no other organization can access the same Cloud.
|A public cloud is a cloud service that shares the services among different organizations.
|A private cloud is also known as an internal cloud or enterprise cloud
|You can call it a Shared cloud.
|Maintenance in the case of a Private cloud is difficult compared to the Public cloud.
|Maintenance in the case of a public cloud is easy compared to the Private cloud.
3- What are the advantages of cloud computing?
Answer: There are several benefits or advantages of using cloud computing. A few are explained below
- Cost-saving is one of the incredible benefits of cloud computing, so many organization prefers to use cloud computing.
- Highly available with High-speed performance.
- Back up and restoring data is very easy in Cloud computing.
- Unlimited storage capacity is an important feature here.
- Pay only for how much you are using.
- In case of a natural disaster or power failure, it will save your data and help with the Business continuity plan for an organization.
4- What are the types of scaling in cloud computing?
Answer: There are two types of scaling in the cloud computing
- Horizontal scaling: Horizontal scaling is when you scale up your pool by adding more systems/machines to your collection of resources
- Vertical scaling: Sometimes, you want to scale up your existing machines by increasing the (CPU and RAM) size.
5- What do you mean by PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS?
Answer: Paas: Paas is Platform as service is a cloud computing model where you will get all the hardware and software tools that are needed for the development activities.
Saas: Saas is Software as a service that delivers an application as a service via the internet. There is no need to install or maintain the software. You need to access those as a service.
IaaS: IaaS is Infrastructure as a service that provides virtualized computing resources over the internet. That helps the organization to build and manage their servers, network, operating systems, etc. Some of the Examples are Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
General Azure Interview questions and answers
6- What are the primary uses of the Azure Cloud Service?
- The primary purpose of the Azure Cloud Service is to host the running application.
- This service is also responsible for maintaining the background application.
7- What is Microsoft Azure?
Answer: Microsoft Azure is a set of cloud services that help your organization to meet your business requirements. You can build, manage, and deploy different applications with the help of different frameworks and tools using Azure. For more information, you can check What Microsoft Azure is and how Microsoft Azure works.
8- Why to Use Azure?
Answer: There are many reasons and benefits to choosing Azure. All solutions are in one place. A few reasons are listed below
- You can easily create a web application with a few numbers of clicks
- The testing application is accessible here.
- Once the development and testing are over for a particular application, you can use Azure to host the application.
- You can create a virtual machine(VM) for all the activities.
9- What is Azure Portal?
Answer: Azure Portal is a single portal or a place where you access and manage all your applications. It helps to build, manage, and monitor your simple web applications to complex cloud applications using a single portal. To know more about this, you can refer to An Introduction to Microsoft Azure Portal.
10- What is Azure as PaaS?
Answer: PaaS is a development and deployment model to support the complete web application life cycle of building, testing, deploying, managing, and updating the application. Azure is a Platform As A Service(Paas).
11- What are the differences between Microsoft Azure and AWS?
|Amazon Web Services (AWS)
|The backup solution in Microsoft Azure is Azure Backup.
|The backup solution in Amazon web services is Amazon Glacier.
|For the CDN feature, you can use Azure CDN.
|For the CDN feature, you can use Amazon CloudFront.
|You can use Azure Operational Insights as the monitoring option.
|You can use the Amazon CloudTrail as the monitoring option.
|As a no SQL database option, Microsoft is providing Azure DocumentDB.
|As a no SQL database option, Microsoft is providing Amazon DynamoDB.
12- What web applications can be deployed with Azure?
Answer: Different web applications like .Net, PHP, WCF, Java, etc are supported in Azure. Multiple languages are supported in Azure.
Interview questions for the Azure administrator
13- What are the different roles in Azure?
Answer: There are three different types of roles are there in Azure
- Web Role: A web Role is used to deploy web applications that are built on other languages that are supported in Azure.
- Worker Role: It supports the Web Role and gives the solution for the background services.
- Virtual Machine Role: The virtual machine Role gives the option to manage virtual machines for different operations.
14- What is the list of Azure Services and Resources?
Answer: Azure provides more than 200 services. Some of the services are as below
- Virtual Machine: Helps to create a virtual machine in different operating systems like Windows, Linux, etc.
- Cloud Service: Once you deploy your application in the cloud, Azure Cloud will handle everything like load-balancing, monitoring, etc. You do not need to take any headaches on this.
- Functions: With this service, you can create different applications using any programming language.
- Azure CDN: CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. The purpose of the Azure CDN is to deliver content to users. Azure CDN uses a high bandwidth.
- Azure DNS: This service helps you to host your DNS domains in Azure.
- Express Route: This is an excellent service that helps to connect your on-premise network to the Microsoft Cloud or any other service.
- Virtual network: Different services can connect with the help of a Virtual network service.
- Blob Storage: Used to store massive amounts of unstructured data.
- Disk Storage: This service is a virtual hard disk that behaves almost similarly to a physical hard disk.
- File Storage: This service offers regular file shares in the cloud or on-premises environments.
15- What are the different principal segments of the Windows Azure platform?
Answer: Three principal segments are present in the case of the Azure platform, i.e., Compute, Storage, and Fabric.
Azure Compute provides three types of roles: Web roles, worker roles, and Virtual machine roles. All roles are explained as above.
Azure Storage provides services like Queue storage, Table Storage, Blob Storage, File Storage, etc. For more information on storage types, you can refer to Azure storage types.
Azure Fabric provides services like Access, Caching, Integration, etc.
Azure Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced Scenario based
Let’s discuss a list of Azure scenario based Interview Questions
16- What is table storage in Windows Azure?
- The Azure Table storage allows us to store structured data. It stores NoSQL data.
- Azure Table storage service allows storing structured, non-relational data.
- The main advantage of table storage is that it is fast and cost-effective for many applications.
- You can store any number of entities in the table.
- You can use table storage to store datasets that don’t require complex joins or stored procedures.
17- What is Queue storage in Windows Azure?
Answer: Azure Queue storage is a type of Azure storage that can store large numbers of messages that can be accessed from anywhere in the world using HTTP or HTTPS protocols.
This is like FIFO implementation. Messages will be added to the end of the queue. The size of a queue message can be up to 64 KB.
18- What is Azure diagnostic?
Answer: This is an API-based system that collects the data to diagnose the application which is running continuously. This is one of the essential APIs by Microsoft.
19- What are the examples of some applications in Azure?
Answer: Microsoft Azure provides many applications. For example, Web Applications, Cloud Services, Mobile applications, Storage services, Virtual computing, Networking services, Analytics services, etc.
20- What is auto-scaling in Azure?
Answer: Auto-scaling is a feature that enables your application to scale up or down automatically based on your defined condition. Based on the demand, the Azure auto-scaling feature scales out more instances.
An auto-scaling solution reduces the amount of manual work engaged in the case of scaling an application.
21- What do you mean by BLOB storage, and what are their types?
Answer: Azure Blob storage allows storing unstructured data. We can store massive data like text files, images, audio, videos, media files, application installers, etc.
These blob storage data can be accessed anywhere via protocols like HTTP or HTTPS.
The Blob storage is of three types
- Block Blobs storage: Contains small blocks with unique IDS.
- Append Blobs storage: In this case, we cannot update or delete any of the existing blocks
- Page Blob storage: The max size of a page blob is 8 TB.
22- What are virtual machine scale sets in Azure?
Answer: You can use the virtual machine scale sets to deploy and manage a set of identical virtual machines (VM).
This provides high availability to our applications, and it allows us to manage, configure, and update a large number of virtual machines (VM) in one place.
23- What is enterprise warehousing?
Answer: It means the data is developed by an organization having access at a single point throughout the globe. It is used in the case of massive data.
24- What do you mean by an Availability Set?
Answer: An availability set is a logical grouping of virtual machines (VMs) that allows Microsoft Azure to understand how your application is built to provide availability and redundancy. This helps to isolate the VM Resources from each other when they are deployed.
25- What are Network Security Groups?
Answer: A network security group (NSG) contains different security rules that allow or can deny the inbound network traffic or the outbound network traffic to subnets from other types of Azure resources. These rules are called a list of Access Control List (ACL) rules.
Network security groups (NSGs) can be associated with different subnets or individual NICs connected to a subnet.
26- What is a break-fix issue?
Answer: It is an industry term. Technical-related problems for an organization are known as the break-fix issue. When work for a specific technology fails, then break-fix comes into the picture. A support organization will solve this.
27- What is Windows Azure Scheduler?
Answer: If you want to create jobs and schedule them to run in the cloud in some specified timeline, then in that case, you can use the Windows Azure Scheduler. You can also call different services inside and outside Azure, like calling HTTP and HTTPS endpoints, etc.
28- What is a Fault Domain?
Answer: This is a logical group that contains a set of hardware that shares a common power source and network switch. This process minimizes the issues in case of Physical hardware failures, network outages, power interruptions, etc. When creating Virtual machines (VM), the Azure platform automatically distributes these VMs with these fault domains.
29- What is the use of VNET?
Answer: VNET helps to represent your network within the cloud environment. It allows you to isolate your instances logically launched in the cloud environment from the rest of your Azure resources.
30- What is service fabric in Azure?
Answer: This is a middleware platform that provides you with a more scalable outcome. It renders an enterprise that is more managed and reliable.
31- What is Azure Advisor?
- Azure Advisor is a free tool from Microsoft. It analyzes your configurations and usage and provides personalized recommendations to help you optimize your Azure resources for high availability, security, etc.
- It guides you on the area of improvement in the case of all the Azure resources so that the performance of the Azure resource will increase.
- It shows the way to speed up your Azure applications.
- It detects possible security threats and vulnerabilities.
32- What is the difference between Service Bus Queues and Storage Queues?
Answer: Service Bus Queues is a terminology where a sender delivers a message to a Queue that is used to reside in a Service Bus Namespace. Later, the receiver receives that message.
Azure Queue storage is a type of storage that can store large numbers of messages that can be accessed from anywhere in the world using HTTP or HTTPS protocols.
This is like FIFO (First in First out) implementation. Messages will be added to the end of the queue. The size of a queue message can be up to 64 KB.
33- What is the role of the traffic manager in Windows Azure?
- Azure Traffic Manager is a traffic load balancer that helps you to distribute the traffic equally to all the services across global Azure regions that provide high availability and responsiveness for the Azure services.
- Azure Traffic Manager helps load the page faster.
34- What are the different ways to host websites in Azure?
Answer: There are different ways to host a website in Azure
- You can use Azure App Services to host most of your applications in Azure. This is one of the best options compared to other options that allow quick deployment, scalability, and management of your applications.
- You have another option, which is Service Fabric, which will help in case you have an application that requires Massive Scaling and Stateful Services, etc.
35- State the different Options to manage session state in Windows Azure?
Answer: Below are the options to manage the session state in Windows Azure
- Windows Azure Caching
- Azure Table
- SQL Azure
36- What are the types of BLOB storage and explain those?
Answer: BLOB storage is of three types page, Append Blobs, and the block blob.
- Block blobs are small blocks with unique IDS. One block blob can contain up to 50,000 blocks.
- In the case of Append Blobs, we cannot update or delete any existing blocks. In Block Blobs storage, unique IDs are not kept secret, but all the unique IDs are kept secret.
- The maximum size of a page blob is 8 TB.
37- What are unconnected lookups?
Answer: In the unconnected lookups method, User-defined values are considered in the unconnected lookups.
38- What Is Azure Compute Emulator?
Answer: The Azure Compute Emulator helps us to debug and test the Azure Cloud Services in our local environment without deploying the cloud service to Microsoft Azure.
39- What Is Azure Data Factory?
Answer: Azure Data Factory is a cloud-based ETL and data integration tool or service that helps you to create different data-driven workflows that make it easy to move the data.
One more advantage of this service is it is faster compared to others.
40- What are the different pricing models of Microsoft Azure
Answer: Below are the other pricing models of Microsoft Azure
Usage-Based: As per this price model, you will be charged based on your usage of the Azure Resources.
Free: In this pricing model, you will not be charged at all. You will be utilizing the offerings at free of cost.
Free Software Trial: In this model, you will get a free version as a free trial. This free trial version will be for a certain number of days. Once the trial period is over, you will be charged the next day on words as per the Microsoft standard charges for that particular offering.
BYOL Model: This model is called Bring Your Own License, which is a licensing model that allows organizations to use their licenses flexibly, in case of on-premise or the cloud.
Monthly Fee: As per this model, you will be charged a Monthly fixed rental amount based on your subscription and the usage limit.
41- What is a storage key?
- The storage key is also known as the Access Key.
- This is used as an authentication way for accessing the storage services account to manipulate information based on our business requirements.
42- What are Azure App Services?
Answer: Azure App Service is known as a fully managed Platform as a service (Paas) that is responsible for integrating Microsoft Azure websites, BizTalk and Mobile services, etc, into a single service and also adds some new capabilities or features that enable the integration with the On-premises or the cloud systems.
43- What do you mean by profiling in Azure?
Answer: In one line, Profiling in Azure is a process of measuring the performance analysis of an application.
44- What is Azure DevOps?
Answer: Microsoft provides another Software as a service (SaaS) platform that helps to give a complete DevOps toolchain starting from the software development to the deployment, meaning the complete software development life cycle.
Azure DevOps provides services like Azure Boards, Azure Pipelines, Azure Repos, Azure Artifacts, Azure Test Plans, etc.
45- What is Cosmos DB?
- Azure Cosmos DB is the right solution for applications like web, mobile, and gaming, with predictable throughput and high availability.
- Using this service, Customers can scale throughput and storage independently for different geographical regions.
46- What Is Azure Cognitive Services?
Answer: Azure Cognitive service is one of the excellent services from Microsoft that helps the developers to implement Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML) without having the expertise in these areas. Check out some more information on Azure Cognitive service now.
47- What is Azure Cognitive Services Face API?
Answer: The Azure Cognitive Services Face API provides an advanced algorithm that helps you detect or read human faces in different digital images. That includes detecting the emotions and facial expressions like happiness, fear, etc. Check out some more information on Azure Cognitive Services Face API now.
48- What is Azure Cognitive Services, Luis?
Answer: Azure Cognitive Services Luis means Azure Cognitive Services Language Understanding.
49- What is Azure Text Analytics API?
Answer: Azure text analytics service is one part of Azure cognitive services that helps you to perform different operations efficiently, like Keyphrase extraction, Sentiment analysis, Language detection, named entity recognition, etc. Check out some more information on Azure Text Analytics API now.
50- What is Azure Cognitive Services Speech Services?
Answer: Check out the details on Azure Cognitive Services Speech Services now.
SQL Azure Interview questions and answers
51- What are the different database types in SQL Azure?
Answer: Microsoft Azure provides three different types of Azure SQL models, as below
- Standalone Database: Standalone Database is designed for different applications like software-as-a-service solutions and cloud-based applications that use a single database to store the data needed.
- Managed Instance: This model is targeted for migration activities from On-premise to the cloud environment.
- Elastic pool: This model helps to reduce costs by sharing the same resources with a group of standalone databases.
52- What is SQL Azure?
Answer: SQL Azure database is an approach where you can store your database in the cloud. In the case of the SQL server, we are holding our database locally. In the same way, we can keep our database in the Cloud environment with the help of SQL Azure.
You can utilize the Platform as a service methodology with the help of SQL Azure. It is highly secure, highly available, and accessible.
53- What are the various power states of a Virtual Machine?
Answer: The different power states of a virtual machine are explained below
- Starting: It means that the Virtual Machine is being created.
- Running: This status means that the Virtual Machine is running.
- Stopping: The status means that the Virtual Machine is being stopped.
- Stopped: It indicates that the Virtual Machine is stopped.
- Deallocating: This means that the Virtual Machine is being deallocated.
54- Why is Azure Active Directory used?
Answer: Microsoft provides a cloud-based, secure identity and access management service known as Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) that helps your employees sign in and access resources like Microsoft Office 365 and external resources. This is more secure compared to other login methodologies.
55- What is Azure Search?
Answer: Microsoft provides a Search as a solution called Azure Search that allows Developers to build search applications for multiple sources of content in Web, Mobile, and Enterprise applications with the help of the REST API interface.
56- What is a Resource group?
Answer: A Resource Group is nothing but a logical container where you are creating your Azure resources. A resource group created in a specific region can contain the resources created in the other regions. There is no restriction on that.
Scenario-based Azure interview questions
Below are the lists of Azure Scenario-based Interview Questions and Answers
57- Is it possible to move a resource from one group to another?
Answer: The answer is Yes, you can move a resource from one group to the other one.
58- What is the number of resource groups a subscription can have?
Answer: Under a particular subscription, you can deploy up to 800 resource groups.
59- How Azure can handle this scenario?
Suppose you have a requirement where you need to host the front end on Azure, But the Backend or DB part needs to be hosted on-premises.
Answer: Azure VNET-based “Point to Site” comes here into the picture, which helps you to connect a limited number of resources.
60- What storage is best suited to handle unstructured data?
Answer: Blob Storage is considered to be the best-suited storage here.
61– How do you set up an Azure Virtual Machine?
Answer: Check out the steps to set up an Azure Virtual Machine now.
62- How Azure can handle this scenario?
Answer: Your client asked you to ensure that all your Virtual Machines can communicate securely with each other.
Answer: Azure Virtual Network can help you out with this scenario that helps Azure resources to communicate with each other via the internet or on-premises networks securely.
63- How can you handle this scenario with Azure?
Answer: You have a requirement related to authentication, where you need to ensure that whenever any user logs in, they shouldn’t be prompted to re-enter their passwords.
Answer: You must configure Azure AD Sync to use single sign-on to achieve this requirement.
64- What are the options to manage session state in Windows Azure?
Answer: The options to manage session state in Windows Azure are as below
- Windows Azure Caching
- SQL Azure
- Azure Table
65. What is HDInsight in Microsoft Azure?
Answer: Azure HDInsight is a cloud service and a Hadoop component that helps you process a massive amount of data quickly. It is speedy and cost-effective compared to the other open-source frameworks.
66. Which are the services used to manage resources in Azure?
- Azure Portal
- Azure Resource manager
- Application Insights
- Log Analytics
67. What are the drawbacks of using Microsoft Azure?
Answer: A few are some of the critical drawbacks of using Microsoft Azure
- You need more bandwidth to work with Azure as it is a web-based App. So, there are scenarios where you will see the slowness.
- You must have platform expertise to work with Azure.
- Azure almost forces you to put all your eggs into one basket, i.e., a single vendor strategy. When you think of your data, working with a single vendor is always a risk factor.
- For certain services like Virtual machines, the price is a bit high.
68. What are the three key components of the Windows Azure platform?
Answer: Below are three main components of Azure
- Azure Storage
69. What are the three types of Disks used by Virtual machines?
Answer: Below are the three types of Disks used by the VMs
- Operating system disk
- Temporary disk
- Data disk
70. What are the types of cloud services?
Answer: Below are the two most common types of cloud services available
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
71. What is the main use of Temp Drive in VM?.
Answer: The temp drive is a short drive that is used for paging in Azure, and the main point is don’t use this drive for storage purposes.
72. What are the key benefits of Azure Traffic Manager?
Answer: Below are a few key benefits of Azure Traffic Manager
- The main benefit is it helps you to increase your performance.
- During the time of maintenance or path update, no downtime is required.
- It’s pretty easy to configure the Azure Traffic Manager.
73. Why Did You Choose Microsoft Azure and Not Aws?
Answer: check out Which Is Better: Azure or AWS?
74. What is the difference between Google Cloud and Azure?
Answer: you can check out the difference between Google Cloud and Azure now.
75. What are the different instance types offered by Azure?
Answer: Below is the list of different instance types Microsoft Azure offers.
- General Purpose: One of the best options for the Development and testing environments purpose. It provides 256 GB memory with low to medium-traffic web servers and small to medium databases.
- Memory-Optimized: Provides you with high memory (3892 GB Memory). One of the best options for relational database servers, large caches, etc.
- Compute Optimized: It is suitable for medium web servers, application servers, batch processes, etc, and provides you with a high CPU-to-memory ratio with around 144 GB of Memory.
- Storage Optimized: one of the suitable options for Big Data, NoSQL, and SQL Databases and provides you 256 GB of Memory.
- High-Performance Compute: Provides you with the fastest POwerful virtual machine with 224 GB of Memory.
- GPU: Virtual machines with high graphics and with 448 GB of Memory.
76. What are the differences between Azure SQL Database and SQL Server?
Answer: you can check out the difference between Azure SQL Database and SQL Server now.
77. What about Federation in Azure SQL?
Answer: SQL Azure Federation helps you by providing the tools that can help the developers access the databases among themselves. It also helps to reduce the single point of failure. It helps to save a lot of costs by using cloud resources whenever needed.
78. What will you do if a drive failure occurs?
Answer: This is one of the exciting questions. Remember, in this scenario, the first step you need to do is unmount the drive. The next step is to replace the drive, and then, finally, you need to format it.
79. What is autoscaling in Azure?
Autoscaling is an essential feature of Azure services. This feature helps the Azure resources to change the settings or scale the services based on demand. As part of this feature, the Azure service also provides additional resources on demand.
80. What is Azure, and How Does it Work?
Answer: You can check out What is Azure and How Does it Work? now.
81. What are the key differences between Azure Resource Manager and Azure Service Manager?
|Azure Resource Manager
|Azure Service Manager
|it’s pretty easy to delete a resource you created earlier.
|it is difficult to delete a resource in the case of Azure Service Manager
|It uses JSON REST API.
|It uses XML REST API.
82. Is it possible to move the services from one Resource Group to Another?
Answer: The answer is Yes, we can able to move the Azure Resources from one Resource Group to another using PowerShell And AzurePortal.
83. Is it possible to move the Azure Virtual Machine from one Resource Group to Another?
Answer: Yes, you can move the Azure VM from one resource group to another using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
84. Is it possible to move the Azure resources from one Subscription to Another Subscription?
Answer: Yes, it is possible, but the only point to note here is both subscriptions must be present in the same Azure Active Directory Tenant.
85. Is it possible to change an Instance Size once the Virtual Machine has been created?
Answer: Yes, it is possible. Navigate to Settings and then the Size option.
86. What is the primary purpose of using Gateway Subnet?
Answer: The primary purpose of the Gateway Subnet is to establish a connection between multiple Virtual Networks.
87. What are the various types of Virtual Network Gateway?
Answer: Below are the different types of Virtual Network Gateway.
- Express Route
88. How Azure will help me in the scenario where I have a requirement to execute the code without a server?
Answer: The serverless Azure Function is the right choice here that will help you to fulfill this scenario.
89. What is the key difference between Application Gateway and Azure Load Balancer?
|Azure Load Balancer
|Application Gateway works with the Layer 7 traffic.
|Azure Load Balancer works with traffic at Layer 4.
|Application Gateway is billed per hour.
|Load Balancer is free in case you are using a single Virtual Ip.
|Load Balancer is free in case you are using a single Virtual IP.
|Supports endpoints hosted in Azure.
90. Is it possible to add more than one Private IP Address for a single Virtual Machine?
Yes, it is possible by adding the NIC.
91. What is the best feature Azure is providing to monitor the Virtual Machines that are running in Azure?
Answer: Log Analytics is one of the best options in this case.
92. Can you tell me what is the maximum size of a single disk supported for a Virtual Machine?
Answer: The maximum size is up to 4 TB.
93. Is it possible to do Vertical Scaling of a Virtual Machine?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to do a vertical scaling of a Virtual machine.
94. What do you mean by the concept of the table in Windows Azure?
Answer: Table is a type of Azure Storage that can store information.
95. What do you mean by Cmdlet Command in Microsoft Azure?
Answer: The cmdlet command is the command used by Azure PowerShell to perform a different task for the Azure resources.
96. What is cspack?
Answer: Cspack is a command-line tool that helps us generate a service package file to prepare an application for deployment in Windows Azure.
97. What is the script to create a VM in Azure CLI?
Answer: Below is the Azure CLI script to create a VM.
az vm create --resource-group DemoResourceGroup --name TSINFOVM --image win2016datacenter --admin-username Testuser --admin-password Password@12345
98. What is an Azure Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
Answer: The SLA states the commitments of Microsoft for the uptime and connectivity, which is more than 99%.
99. Is it possible to add an existing VM to an availability set?
Answer: No, it’s not possible. If you want, we need to create the VM within that set.
100. How to create a VM in PowerShell?
Answer: You can check out the How to Create Azure VM (Virtual Machine) for the PowerShell script to create an Azure Virtual Machine.
Azure Active Directory Interview Questions
103. What are the lists of Azure active directory premium features?
104. What is the difference between Active Directory and Azure Active Directory?
Answer: You can check out the difference between Active Directory and Azure Active Directory now.
105. What is the purpose of Azure AD?
Answer: Azure AD is a cloud-based, secure identity and access management service that helps the employees of your organization to sign in and access resources like Microsoft Office 365 and other external resources. This is one of the more secure login methodologies compared to others.
106. What is the difference between Azure Active Directory B2B vs B2C?
Answer: Check out the difference between Azure Active Directory B2B vs B2C now.
107. Can Azure AD replace Active Directory?
Answer: Azure AD is not the replacement of AD.
108: Does Microsoft 365 have an Azure Active Directory?
Answer: Yes, you can get Azure Active Directory with your Microsoft 365 Subscription.
109: When should an organization consider Microsoft Azure Active Directory?
Answer: If the organization has a Microsoft 365 subscription, they should get the benefits of Azure AD that comes default with a Microsoft 365 subscription.
110: Does Azure AD support OAuth?
Answer: Yes, it supports OAuth.
Azure DevOps Interview Questions
111. What are the key benefits of Azure DevOps? or, Why choose Azure DevOps?
112. What are the Azure DevOps tools available?
Answer: Below is the list of essential tools available for Azure DevOps.
- Azure Automation
113. What are Azure DevOps Pipelines?
Answer: An excellent service that helps you to build/develop or test your code project automatically.
Mean for continuous development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, etc.
114. What are Azure Test Plans?
Answer: It is an excellent service, or you can call it a test management service from Azure DevOps that helps you with different types of testing like acceptance testing and manual and exploratory testing. Not only that, but it also helps to perform automation testing.
Note that it is a browser-based solution.
115. Define Forking Workflow.
Answer: Basically, Forking Workflow helps the developers provide the service-side repositories.
116. Why to use Azure pipelines and CI and CD?
Answer: Below is a list of some key benefits.
- It supports multiple languages and platforms.
- Easy Github integration.
- Open-source project support.
- Deployment becomes easier.
117. What exactly is the role of Selenium in DevOps?
Answer: Selenium is used for the purpose of continuous testing in DevOps.
118. What are Azure boards?
Answer: An excellent service from Azure DevOps that helps you to manage your projects with the help of different features like scrum, kanban, dashboards, reporting features, etc.
119. Define Azure Repos.
Answer: Azure Repos is a version control service that helps you manage or track the version of your code.
Track the changes in your code from your teammates with the help of Azure Repos.
120. What is the list of containers that Azure DevOps supports?
Answers: Below is the critical container list that Azure DevOps supports.
- Azure Kubernetes services.
- Asp.Net with containers.
121. What is Puppet?
Answer: It is a tool for managing the servers, configuration, deployments, etc.
Note that it is an open-source tool, and you can also get the commercial versions.
122. How much drive space should be available for each virtual machine on a system?
Answer: 20 GB is required as per Microsoft. 16 GB (For 32-bit version) and 20 GB (For 64-bit version).
123. Which PowerShell cmdlet can be used to start a virtual machine?
Answer: The start-VM PowerShell cmdlet can start a virtual machine.
124: How to run a virtual machine on Windows 10?
Answer: If you use Windows 10 Enterprise/Education/Pro edition, you can run using the Hyper-V feature.
In case you are using Windows Home edition, then you need to use any third-party software like VirtualBox, VMware, etc, as you won’t get the Hyper-V feature here.
In this Azure tutorial, we discussed the Top 50 Azure Interview Questions and Answers. Now, I wish you All the Best for your Interview!!!!!!
I am Bijay, a Microsoft MVP (10 times) having more than 17 years of experience in the software industry. During my IT career, I got a chance to share my expertise in SharePoint and Microsoft Azure, like Azure VM, Azure Active Directory, Azure PowerShell, etc. I hope you will learn from these Azure tutorials. Read more