Let’s learn about Azure Monitor and What does Azure Monitor do, etc.
What is Azure Monitor
Azure Monitor is a tool from Microsoft that helps you collect and analyze the data from the different Azure resources. Mainly, it helps you with the information, How your application is performing, or Any issue with your Application that might affect the performance of your Application.
Azure Monitor can collect different categories of data from the different sources below
- Data of the Application monitoring: This is data for the performance of the code you have written.
- Data from the Azure Resource monitoring: Data from different Azure resources regarding their operation.
- Data from the Azure Subscription monitoring: This is the data about the management of the Azure Subscription.
- Data from the Azure Tenant monitoring: This data concerns operational data from different tenant-level Azure services.
What does Azure Monitor do
You might be wondering what exactly we can do with the Azure Monitor. Below are a few key usages of the Azure Monitor.
- Find out different issues and diagnose them from different applications and dependencies with the Application insights.
- With the help of the Azure Monitor tool, you can analyze deeper and troubleshoot the data with Log Analytics.
- It helps you to create visualizations with the Azure dashboards and workbooks.
- Azure Monitor also helps you to Relate the infrastructure issues with the Azure VMs.
Azure monitors your Azure Virtual machines and analyzes your Virtual machine performance and health condition.
Application insights help you to monitor your web application availability, performance, usage, etc. Here, the Azure Monitor helps you to deeply analyze the operation of your applications and help you to diagnose the errors without waiting for the users to report those issues.
There is also a set of logic that provides insight for a specific application or Azure Service, termed as a Monitoring solution in the case of Azure Monitor. They are responsible for collecting the monitoring data for the application or services. They also provide the queries to analyze those data.
You may also like following the articles below
In this Azure article, we discussed Azure Monitor and what is azure monitor used for. Thanks for reading this article !!!
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS, with good experience in Azure Functions, Storage, Virtual Machine, Logic Apps, PowerShell Commands, CLI Commands, Machine Learning, AI, Azure Cognitive Services, DevOps, etc. Not only that, I do have good real-time experience in designing and developing cloud-native data integrations on Azure or AWS, etc. I hope you will learn from these practical Azure tutorials. Read more.