Table of Contents
Azure Synapse vs Data Factory
Let’s discuss the key differences between Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory.
|In terms of||Azure Synapse Analytics||Azure Data Factory|
|Azure Synapse Analytics brings big data analytics and the data warehousing together in one bucket.||A cloud service from Microsoft that helps you with data transformation, data integration, etc.|
|Monitoring||It is quite easy to monitor.||You have to monitor always. Monitoring is too difficult.|
|Access management||You will get the enterprise-level access management system here.||Bit complex access management system.|
|Support for Pipelines Activities||NA||Power Query Activity support is here.|
|Spark Jobs monitoring for your Data Flow can be done here.||NA|
|Power BI||You can access Power BI from Azure Synapse Studio itself.||NA|
Difference between Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory in terms of their Limitations
Azure Data Factory
- Need more improvement in terms of speed and performance.
- The pricing structure is a bit complex.
- Accessing the latest reporting applications like Power BI is missing here.
Azure Synapse Analytics
- Integration with 3rd party tools is quite tricky.
- No SQL support is missing.
Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics Similarities
In short, what are the similarities between Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics?
- For both, you can do the data integration without writing a single line of code, meaning the codeless integration of your data.
- Both allow you to make a pipeline for your Data Integration with a friendly UI, and the pipelines use the same concept in the case of Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics.
- GIT Integration can be done in both cases.
- Azure Synapse Analytics has all the features of Azure Data Factory with many additional features. So you can able to do many similar activities.
Does Azure Synapse include data factory?
Yes, Azure Synapse includes all the features of Azure Data Factory.
You may also like following the articles below
Well, in this article, we have discussed the key differences between Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics. The takeaway from here is if you have the requirement for big data analytics and data warehousing, then go for Azure Synapse Analytics. If you have simple requirements for data transformation, data integration, etc, you can go with Azure Data Factory. Now, it’s your turn to choose ADF or Synapse based on your requirements.
I am Rajkishore, and I have over 14 years of experience in Microsoft Azure and AWS, with good experience in Azure Functions, Storage, Virtual Machine, Logic Apps, PowerShell Commands, CLI Commands, Machine Learning, AI, Azure Cognitive Services, DevOps, etc. Not only that, I do have good real-time experience in designing and developing cloud-native data integrations on Azure or AWS, etc. I hope you will learn from these practical Azure tutorials. Read more.