Want to learn the difference between Azure synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory? In this Azure article, we will learn Azure Data Factory vs Azure Synapse Analytics. Along with that, we will discuss a few other topics as mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Azure Synapse Analytics vs Azure Data Factory
Well, let’s discuss here the key differences between Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory.
|In terms of||Azure Synapse Analytics||Azure Data Factory|
|Azure synapse Analytics provides you the opportunity to access data warehousing, big data analytics, etc together in one place.||A cloud service from Microsoft that helps you with data transformation and data integration, etc.|
|Monitoring||It is quite easy to monitor.||You have to monitor always. Monitoring is too difficult.|
|Access management||You will get the enterprise-level access management system here.||Bit complex access management system.|
|Support for Pipelines Activities||NA||Power Query Activity support is here.|
|Spark Jobs monitoring for your Data Flow can be done here.||NA|
|Power BI||You can access Power BI from Azure Synapse Studio itself.||NA|
Difference between Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory in terms of their Limitations
Azure Data Factory
- Need more improvement interms of speed and performance.
- The pricing structure is a bit complex one.
- Accessing latest reporting application like Power BI is missing here.
Azure Synapse Analytics
- Integration with 3rd party tools is quite difficult.
- No SQL support is missing.
Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics Similarities
In short, what are the similarities between Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics?
- For both, you can do the data integration without writing a single line of code meaning the codeless integration of your data.
- Both gives you the opertunity to make pipeline for your Data Integration with a friendly UI and the piplelines use the same concept in case of Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics.
- GIT Integration can be done in both cases.
- Azure Synapse Analytics have all the features of Azure Data Factory with many additional features. So you can able to do many simillar activities.
Does Azure Synapse include data factory?
Yes, Azure Synapse includes all the features of Azure Data Factory.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to Create Azure Synapse Analytics
- What is Microsoft Azure and How does Microsoft Azure Works?
- How to Upload and Download File From Azure Blob Storage Using C# and PowerShell
- How To Create Azure Functions In Visual Studio
- What VPN Types are Supported By Azure
Well, in this article, we have discussed the key differences between Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics. Now it’s your turn to choose either Azure Data Factory or Azure Synapse Analytics based on your requirement.