In this Azure SQL article, we will discuss a step-by-step guide to create a table in the Azure SQL database quickly.
How to create table in Azure SQL database
Before discussing the actual functionality, let’s discuss the prerequisites needed here.
- You must have an Azure Subscription or Azure account. If you don’t have till now, Create an Azure Free account now.
- You must install SQL Server Management Studio on your Machine.
- You must create an Azure SQL database in Azure Portal.
Assuming that you are ready with all the prerequisites needed here. Let’s start with the actual functionality. Follow the below steps
- The First and most important step is to connect your Azure SQL database from your SQL Server Management Studio.
- Once you are connected to your Azure SQL Database, Click on the + button to expand the Databases node.
3. Right-click on the Database name –> Click on the New Query option.
4. On the New Query window, copy and paste the below query and change the table name, column name, etc based on your need.
CREATE TABLE TsInfo ( EmpId INT IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY, EmpName NVARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, Email NVARCHAR(256) )
Then, click on the Execute button or press F5 to execute the SQL query.
Now, the query is executed successfully without any issues.
Now, To cross-check check the table got created successfully, Expand the Databases node and then expand the Tables node. You can able to see the table is present here.
Note: If you are not able to see the table here, you can right-click on the Tables node and click on the Refresh option. Expand the Tables node again and this time you should able to see the Azure SQL table that you have created.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to get Azure SQL database connection string
- How to rename Azure SQL database
- Azure SQL Database Vs. SQL Server
- How to backup Azure SQL database
- How To Change User Id And Password For Azure SQL Server Database
- How to Export Azure SQL Database
Well, In this article, we discussed how to create a table in the Azure SQL database. Thanks for reading this article and hope this article will help you !!!