If you don’t like your AWS account or you are done with all your AWS activities, then it’s better to close the AWS account permanently if you don’t want it anymore.
How To Delete AWS Account
To close your AWS account, the first thing you need to make sure to terminate all the resources before closing the account. Follow the below steps to terminate all the active AWS resources before closing the account.
- Navigate to AWS Billing and Cost Management console –> Select Bills –> In the Bill details by service section, you can see the charges for the services you are using.
- Make sure the correct region is selected for each service.
- Now select regions one by one in the service management console respectively and terminate the resources.
The next step is to pay the remaining bills if you have any amount overdue.
- Navigate to the Billing and Cost Management console.
- On the Payments Due section, make sure to select Orders and invoices.
- Make sure to select Verify and pay.
Now you are done with the initial steps, Now time to close the AWS account permanently. Follow the below steps
- Log in to AWS Management Console.
- Select Account name –> My Account.
- You will see the Close Account section if you will scroll a little bit.
- Make sure to read the terms and conditions before closing the AWS account.
- Now, check all the checkboxes and then select the Close Account option.
- Finally, make sure to select Close Account in the confirmation box.
Now, you are done with the complete steps to close your AWS account. You will receive a confirmation email that Your AWS account has been closed successfully.
You may also like following the below articles
- How to Create AWS Free Account (Step by Step tutorial)
- How to get free AWS Credits
- How To Delete An Instance In AWS
- Introduction To Amazon Web Services: What is Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
In this article, we discussed how to delete an AWS account. Now, it’s your turn to delete your AWS account by using the above information mentioned in this article if you don’t need your AWS account anymore. Thanks for reading this article !!!